.... our fridge decided to die a fortnight ago and decided to do it during the night, knocking the trip switch off and putting the house in darkness at 5am!! Well, shopping for a new fridge is not the same as shopping for a new handbag but it had to be done. We went to Curries and Sam's yer man and then Mr B trawled the internet and found just what we wanted on Tesco Direct, a good price and delivered free.
Now, you would think that was it, job done. Don't be silly!! Our kitchen was state of the art 36 years ago with all the appliances built in to match the rest of the units. But, over the years we have changed the washing machine twice, the dishwasher twice and the fridge twice, and now this new fridge is so tall that it doesn't fit the space. But, undeterred, Jim decided it would fit and proceeded to dismantle a whole section of the housing, including a cupboard where I stored a whole lot of "stuff" I didn't know what to do with!!!
And , of course, nothing is easy and the kitchen ended up in a mess....like this And here we are trailing out the unit where the old fridge and a cupboard lived.
I think Jim did a great job making space for the fridge and so we shoved it in, plugged it in and off it went. It is great to have so much more freezer space so I don't have to run out to the garage in the rain/snow/wind to get a loaf of bread!!
Now, I didn't plan on a full clearout of the kitchen cupboards, but I feel it's just around the corner!! I wonder if I will throw out anything or if all the needless items cluttering up the drawers and cupboards will sneek back in....I hope not...I will just have to be strong. How strong? that's for next time!!



No comments:
Post a Comment